Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to pass an exam to become a Chartered Global Immigration Specialist (C. GIS)?

Yes, individuals who have completed the education requirements must pass a membership exam. Please see details here

What are the benefits of becoming a Chartered Global Immigration Specialist (C. GIS)?

  • You are eligible to use the C.GIS designation (Chartered Global Immigration Specialist), which signifies to your clients that you are a certified professional well-versed in the latest information on international immigration law, procedures and practices.
  • Your name will be posted as a Full-Member on the GSIS website.
  • You will receive a Membership ID card and Membership Certificate.

Are there any licensing fees?

Pay the annual GSIS membership fee January 1st of each year.

Is an English language test required?

No, an English language proficiency test is not a prerequisite to the C. GIS Membership Exam.